• Use string, wire, yarn, anything you can safely hang around your neck.
• Now add items — any items. ANYTHING GOES. Hint: Maybe use something that represents a hobby you enjoy or a part of your life, as geeky, strange or weird as you like. Maybe incorporate different hobbies. If you can hang it from your neck (safely) then it’s all good!
• Either “string through it” with the main “string” or tie it onto the main “string”. This ain’t rock science people!
• Although traditional Leis are made of flowers, this contest is mainly for a non-traditional Lei so don’t think too much about it. Yes, you can use flowers but feel free to think outside the box. Possibilities are endless!
• For those who don't get a chance to make a "non-traditional" lei, there will also a plastic flower lei provided in your swag bag (compliments of Girls Of The Con) if you'd like to wear that instead.
• During the CONVOLUTED CON CRUISE wear your lei to the Piano Bar Takeover on Saturday night (9-11pm) NOTE: Check on the cruise to find out when exactly the Piano Bar Takeover will take place (organizers are still waiting for a final confirmation of scheduled activities on the boat)